Candidates considering this qualification must satisfy the following:
- Aged 18 years or older
- Where identified; complete a mandatory Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment and be reasonably competent in written and spoken English
- Eligible for the issuance of a security licence by WA Police Security Licensing Services
It is expected that learners:
- Have reading and writing skills that will enable them to understand diagrams; complete written reports and understand workplace documents
- Are able to communicate effectively in formal situations and meetings
- Are able to undertake research for workplace documents
After achieving this qualification candidates may undertake:
- Crowd Controller Electives
- CPP30411 Certificate III in Security Operations (Team Leader); or
- CPP30411 Certificate III in Security Operations (Cash-In-Transit Guard)
This program requires a minimum completion of 80 hours of face to face instruction, which is equivalent to 10 standard 8 hour working days for group face to face delivery of the packaged Units Of Competency (UOC).
This approach allows students sufficient time between sessions to undertake self-directed learning, workplace projects, on the job evidence gathering and out-of-class assessment activities. Workshops involve participants in active discussion, problem-solving exercises, context specific simulation scenarios, networking opportunities, and realistic presentations related to building the skills and experience necessary for leading and managing staff.